It’s a fact….
NJUA member companies make important economic contributions to the State.
- Through dedicated, service-oriented and safety-minded employees, NJUA members serve nearly seven million residential customer accounts and one million non-residential customer accounts 24 hours a day, 365 days a year;
- NJUA member companies employ approximately 38,000 men and women for a combined payroll in excess of $2.7 billion per year;
- New Jersey’s investor-owned utilities own and operate physical infrastructure valued at more than $60 billion;
- NJUA member companies contribute approximately $750 million in annual revenues to local and state government through gross receipts, corporate business, property and various excise taxes; and,
- New Jersey’s investor-owned utilities have made $6 billion of capital expenditures in 2016 and expect to make nearly $6.5 billion in 2017 – investment that strengthens and enhances the State’s critical infrastructure.