It’s a fact….
NJUA member companies make important economic contributions to the State.
- Through dedicated, service-oriented and safety-minded employees, NJUA members serve nearly seven million residential customer accounts and one million non-residential customer accounts 24 hours a day, 365 days a year;
- NJUA member companies employ approximately 28,000 men and women for a combined payroll in excess of $2.5 billion per year;
- New Jersey’s investor-owned utilities own and operate physical infrastructure valued at more than $37 billion;
- NJUA member companies contribute approximately $837 million in annual revenues to local and state government through gross receipts, corporate business, property and various excise taxes; and,
- New Jersey’s investor-owned utilities have been making capital expenditures in New Jersey averaging more than $4.4 billion per year – investment that strengthens and enhances the State’s critical infrastructure.